If you are a writer, reader, book reviewer, artist, editor, proofreader, distributor, publisher or anyone else in the book industry, this website was created for you.
If what you’re looking for has anything to do with books, you’ll find it here.
Named after its founder and owner, indie author and professional editor, Vanessa Finaughty, VFB’s main aims are to assist authors to improve their work, and to make their books more visible to potential new readers.
The best part is that membership is free. (Please note that only members can see each day’s latest posts, and regular browsers will see slightly outdated posts.)
- Fiction (all genres) and non-fiction
- Additional exposure for authors, books and book-related services
- Free books, extracts, poetry and more
- Access to professional services, including editing and cover design
- Book reviews
- A wealth of information on topics like publishing, manuscript formatting, writing, spelling and grammar, book cover design and more
- Author and character interviews
- Social community dedicated to authors and books
- A research forum board for information on specific topics
- Introduction to potential new friends who can talk about books for hours on end
- Facebook sign in
Exclusive to members…
- Private live chat
- Chat rooms (private or visible to all members)
- A place to share links to your latest blog posts
- Professional and peer advice and critique
- Private critique board
- Author and character profiles
- Separate accounts for book characters
- Notifications of new competitions and calls for submissions
- Interaction between authors and readers
- Upload and share your work, pictures, book covers, videos and more
- Top Members: additional exposure on the VFB home page for the five members most active on the social network (Community)
Potential future member benefits include…
- Online distribution centre, perhaps in conjunction with some larger distributors. This will be available only to members whose work has been approved by the VFB Critique Panel (yet to be instated), in order to introduce some form of quality control for indie authors. This way, readers will learn to trust that books purchased from the VFB store are of high quality.
- Member blogs.
VFB members are encouraged to post their opinions and ask questions of peers and industry professionals. Our motto is: there is no such thing as too much book advertising. Members are also encouraged to share their experiences in publishing (indie and traditional) or on any other topics other members may find useful or interesting.
If you experience any bugs or usability issues while using this site, please let us know on the forum site bug reports board.
When Mathieu Cousteau dies, twenty-seven-year-old Michelle van Wyk is relieved that the man intimidating her can no longer make good on his threats. Her relief is short-lived, however – Mathieu’s soul lives on, and is hell bent on avenging his murder. Michelle’s situation grows direr when Mathieu’s handsome brother, Pierre Dumaine, becomes obsessed with her, and drags her into his world of warped love, murder and treachery, where things aren’t always what they seem.
Michelle soon finds herself on France’s Grand Serre Che ski slopes, where her will – and ability – to survive are put to the test. If Pierre’s love doesn’t kill her, his dubious ‘colleague’, Frédéric, or one of his crime bosses’ other lackeys, just might.
Pitted against harsh weather and Frédéric’s hatred, with merciless gunmen and an angry poltergeist hot on their trail, Michelle fights the ultimate battle for survival. Can they perform the ritual to destroy Mathieu’s soul before he kills them? Will Frédéric give in to his desire to kill her, or will Pierre’s love be the death of her? Only time will tell – something Michelle isn’t sure she has enough of.
“The story grabs you from the first chapter, and takes you on a non-stop ride to the stunning conclusion.” – Merry Muhsman, author of Peddler's Trials.
"This fast-paced story takes many gripping twists and turns, but I defy anyone to predict the ending!" - T.C. Southwell: author of The Queen's Blade, Demon Lord and other series.
Nobody hates rules more than a creative person, so we'll keep it short and to the point.
1. No flaming/personal insults or rudeness.
2. No hate speech or talking about your criminal activities, should you have any.
3. No pornography (we don't mind if you do this in your spare time, but we'd rather not share the experience with you).
4. No spamming.
Have fun and learn from each other.